The event aims to bring together air traffic controllers, pilots and other aviation and air traffic management professionals to discuss issues of mutual interest. Every session will include time for questions from the audience.
This year’s sessions are (all starting at 10am UK time):
- 2 November 2020 – The Future of Air Traffic Management. Is this pandemic an opportunity to completely rethink air traffic management, its use of technology, funding mechanisms and business model?
- Presenter: Luis Barbero. Luis is the President and CEO of GATCO and a Heathrow Approach air traffic controller and instructor with NATS. He is also member of the European team of the International Federation of Air Traffic Controllers’ Associations, IFATCA. You can find more about Luis’ background and expertise on his LinkedIn profile.
- 9 November 2020 – Controller-Pilot Operational Interface. An opportunity for air traffic controllers and pilots to ask each other all those questions they never have time to ask on the frequency.
- 16 November 2020 – Mindfulness and Wellbeing for Pilots and Controllers. How can pilots and air traffic controllers maintain or improve their state of wellbeing and support their peers in the current challenging circumstances?
- Presenter: David García Hermosilla. David is an air traffic controller and instructor at the Barcelona Area Control Centre in Spain with ENAIRE and a qualified human factors practitioner by EUROCONTROL. He is also member of the international affairs team of USCA, the Spanish ATC trade union. You can find more about David’s background and expertise on his LinkedIn profile.
- 23 November 2020 – UK Civil Aviation Authority Innovation Hub. The CAA Innovation team will present the work they are doing to shape the technological future of aviation and air traffic management.
- Presenter: David Tait. David is Head of Innovation at the Civil Aviation Authority, helping innovation companies and the regulator work jointly on advancing aviation and air traffic management. You can find more about David’s background and expertise on his LinkedIn profile.
- 30 November 2020 – Post Brexit/COVID Aviation Landscape Panel. An opportunity to find out what industry stakeholders think of the challenges we are facing and how aviation will change going forward.
Additional details for each session will be published in the coming days.
Should you have any questions about the event, please e-mail us at info (at) gatco (dot) org.
You can register for the event below (please check your spam folder for the confirmation e-mail):