If someone, usually an airport or air traffic control provider, wants to request a permanent change to the UK airspace structure, they must, by law, submit an airspace change proposal to the CAA and consult all the relevant stakeholders, GATCO being one of them. At this point in time, GATCO is working on the following consultations and welcomes feedback from members by e-mailing vppolicy (at) gatco (dot) org:
- Predannack Airfield airspace change proposal -Introduction of segregated airspaceConsultation: 18th December 2017 – 26th March 2018. Predannack Airfield is a satellite airfield of Royal Navy Air Station (RNAS) Culdrose and is routinely used by the helicopters stationed at RNAS Culdrose. In addition, there is a current and future requirement to operate ... read more
- RAF Brize Norton airspace change proposal – Changes to controlled airspaceConsultation: 15th December 2017 – 22nd March 2018. RAF Brize Norton (BZN) is proposing changes to the controlled airspace (CAS) designed to protect aircraft inbound and outbound from the aerodrome. The CAS surrounding BZN has been in place for over 40 years resulting ... read more
- London Oxford Airport airspace change proposal – New arrival proceduresConsultation: 15th December 2017 – 22nd March 2018. London Oxford Airport (LOA), in cooperation with RAF Brize Norton (BZN), is looking to introduce new arrival procedures and to restructure the local airspace in a manner that enhances levels of safety, improves efficiency by ... read more
- CAA Consultation on Draft Policy for the Approval of Aerodrome Remote TowersConsultation: 13th December 2017 – 26th January 2018. The CAA is developing policy and supporting guidance to address the implementation and operation of remote towers in all of their forms. This is the first phase of policy and guidance development, which will be ... read more
- Haverfordwest Aerodrome airspace change proposal – RNAV instrument approachesConsultation: 20th November 2017 – 26th February 2018. Haverfordwest Aerodrome wishes to introduce more accurate, predictable and safer approach procedures for aircraft approaching runway 03 and 21, using RNAV technology. The main purpose is to allow safer approaches to the aerodrome when the ... read more
- Hawarden Airport – GNSS approaches and amendment of conventional IFR proceduresConsultation: 9th November 2017 – 9th February 2018. Hawarden Airport are consulting on the introduction of GNSS approaches to runways 04 and 22, with the aim of improving the resilience of the airport and without removing current IFR procedures. In addition, Hawarden Airport ... read more
You can also find out about which consultations GATCO has been working on recently: past consultations.