If someone, usually an airport or air traffic control provider, wants to request a permanent change to the UK airspace structure, they must, by law, submit an airspace change proposal to the CAA and consult all the relevant stakeholders, GATCO being one of them. At this point in time, GATCO is working on the following consultations and welcomes feedback from members by e-mailing consultations (at) gatco (dot) org:
- Core elements of the regulatory framework to support capacity expansion at HeathrowConsultation: 30th June 2017 – 22nd September 2017. This CAA consultation follows on from their January 2017 consultation on the priorities and timetable for the work on the economic regulation of new capacity at Heathrow. This consultation confirms the CAA’s priorities and seeks ... read more
- Leeds Bradford Airport airspace change proposal – new departure and arrival routesConsultation: 22nd June 2017 – 29th September 2017. Leeds Bradford Airport is proposing new procedures and airspace to meet national policy and the programmed withdrawal of national infrastructure in the form of ground-based navigation beacons. This consultation includes new arrival procedures, new airspace ... read more
- Introduction of controlled airspace in the region of the Portsmouth Danger AreasConsultation: 30th June 2017 – 25th August 2017. NATS is proposing to introduce a volume of Class C Controlled Airspace from FL125 to FL195 directly underneath the Southern CTA. The adjacent Portsmouth CTA (to the west) FL125+ will be reclassified from Class A ... read more
- Glasgow Prestwick Airport airspace change consultation – new departure and arrival routesConsultation: 14th June 2017 – 23rd September 2017. Glasgow Prestwick Airport is proposing new departure and arrival routes using satellite-based technology which will enable to manage the airspace in the vicinity of the airport more accurately and efficiently. The navigation aids in the ... read more
- Birmingham Airport – flight path changes for departures from runway 33Consultation: 3rd July 2017 – 9th October 2017. Birmingham Airport, following the national programme to modernise UK airspace, is proposing to implement new flight paths for departures from runway 33 using RNAV technology. The proposal is the consequence of the removal of a ... read more
- London Southend Airport flight path consultation – new approach proceduresConsultation: 6th June 2017 – 13th September 2017. London Southend Airport (LSA) proposes to introduce additional approach procedures. Those new procedures are based on Performance Based Navigation (PBN) and rely on newer technology which allows aircraft to reliable follow air routes with a ... read more
You can also find out about which consultations GATCO has been working on recently: past consultations.