The event aims to bring together air traffic controllers and pilots to discuss issues of mutual interest. While there will be a number of presentations during the event, the key part of the day will be a panel-type session where controllers and pilots will have the opportunity to exchange points of view about their profession, the interaction with each other and the topics presented at the symposium. In addition, the break out area will have a number of ATM and aviation-related exhibitors.
This year’s speakers and topics are:
- Joe Sultana, Director Network Manager of Eurocontrol, will describe the Network Manager initiatives to deal with adverse weather events.
- Andy Shand, GM Customer Affairs of NATS and Co-Chair of FASIIG, will give us some insight into the options available for airspace modernisation in the UK.
- Andrew Hamilton, UAS Sector Lead of the CAA, will talk about the future of Unmanned Aircraft Systems and its regulatory aspects.
- Sarah Booth, Manager Research of Clockwork Research, will share her experience developing and implementing fatigue risk management systems in the airline industry.
- Rob Hunter, Head of Flight Safety of BALPA, will present BALPA’s views on the ICAO classification of accident investigation findings.
- Luis Barbero, President and CEO of GATCO, will discuss the changes GATCO and IFATCA feel are needed to the ATM system in Europe to improve its efficiency, resilience and predictability.
You can download below the poster of the event and the programme in pdf format.
The full day event is free and will start at 10:00am and end at 4:00pm, with check-in opening at 9:30am. Lunch, as well as tea and coffee breaks, will be provided. Overnight accommodation is available at Holiday Inn London Heathrow M4 Jct 4 on a fully-flexible Bed & Breakfast basis and including parking using code “D4R” when making a booking online here.
Should you have any questions about the event, please e-mail us at info (at) gatco (dot) org.